I Should Write a Blog

I've been posting to Facebook with some frequency the past few weeks, my latest post drew a casual comment about "thanks for the blog" and then my daughter chimed in with a "you should write a blog."

This is my first attempt, playing with the google blogger tools to see what I see. This is very much a work in progress, well really more of an experiment, to see what I shall see.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

What the Heck Royal Caribbean?

I've been on several Royal Caribbean cruises.  Generally been very happy with them, thrilled even, a few bumps, but I'm happy to book another cruise.

I do have a bone to pick with their web site and technical support.  It seems my Crown and Anchor Society account is in a permanent state of broken.  I've tried email support, I've tried calling them, they seem either uninterested in the problem or incapable of helping.


Here's what happens when I try to logon to www.royalcaribbean.com:
  1. I enter my userid and password
  2. I receive a failure screen with this message: The user information you entered does not match our records. Please verify your information and try again. (Screen Shot 1)
  3. I select the Forgot Username or Password? link and follow instructions to reset password.
  4. I receive a password reset email and click the link.
  5. I enter my new password, which is identical to what I entered as my password originally
  6. I receive an error message stating: The New Password must not be the same as the Old Password.  This confirms that I had my password correct in the first place. (Screen Shot 2)
  7. I am logged in (notice the Log Out choice at the top of screen shot 2) despite the error message.  WTF?
  8. I enter a different password as my new password and again receive the message: The user information you entered does not match our records. Please verify your information and try again. (Screen Shot 3)
The next time I want to logon to RoyalCaribbean I have to go through exactly the same steps. Actually step 5 and 6 are not necessary, they just confirm that I could remember my password when Royal Caribbean apparently could not and that they logged me in, despite messages to the contrary.

Here are the annotated screen shots, in case anyone at Royal Caribbean actually wants to to try and correct this problem.

Screen Shot 1: Initial Failure Message


Screen Shot 2: Duplicate Password Message and Logged In


Screen Shot 3: Rejected New Password Message, Still Logged In


No comments:

Post a Comment